Director of DevelopmentCompany: Corvilla
Date Posted: October 20, 2017
Director of Development
The Corvilla Director of Development is responsible for all fundraising initiatives and activities of the organization. Directly responsible for the development and implementation of the annual giving plan including cultivating and maintaining relationships with new and existing donors and supporters; developing and building a Major Gifts Program, researching and writing grant proposals and providing evaluation reports as required. As a member of the senior management team, the Director of Development participates in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving. Works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization, and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking, including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with CEO and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the agency with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
- Must embrace the mission of Corvilla.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- CFRE certification is an asset.
Visit our website & apply online at: www.corvilla.org