Development DirectorCompany: LeSEA Broadcasting
Date Posted: March 7, 2017
The Development Director for LeSEA Broadcasting works with the President and Chief Financial Officer to plan and execute resource development strategies and monitor progress toward goals.
The Development Director is responsible for all development and fundraising activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships and methods to cultivate and solicit gifts from major donors, small donors, and one time donors alike. The Development Director will design and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy. He or she will expand and diversify LeSEA’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with development team members to maintain existing and secure new funding to champion and fulfill the mission of Lester Sumrall and LeSEA Broadcasting.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or a closely related field and 10 years’ experience in development preferably in ministry or non-profit organizations. CFRE credentials a plus.
- Considerable knowledge of fundraising techniques and funding sources for ministries and non-profit organizations.
- Proven experience of successful expansion and cultivation of existing donor and new donor relationships over time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to encourage and engage a wide range of donors and build long term relationships.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- A leader who will positively impact both strategy and day to day operations.
- An enthusiastic manager of the development team.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Razor’s Edge software a plus