Mentor and Event CoordinatorCompany: South Bend Education Foundation
Date Posted: July 14, 2017
POSITION TITLE: Mentor and Community Program Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Part–time (19-30 flex hours per week average,
40 during events)
SALARY RANGE: $12 per hour to start (30, 60, 90 day review)
No insurance benefits at this time
CONTRACT LENGTH: Annual
POSITION SUMMARY: The Mentoring and Community Program Coordinator is
responsible for the overall administration of the Mentor
program, including recruitment, training, and placement of
qualified mentors, program/salary grant writing/fund-
raising, interacting and planning Mentor Committee
meetings, public relations parent programs within the
community. It is expected that all candidates understand the
important of maintaining confidentiality of mentor/mentee
and donor information.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: South Bend Education Foundation Exec. Dir. (EDFO E.D.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Program Administration
- Administer Mentor Program with the mission and strategic plan goals and objectives.
- Coordinate Mentor Program Committee meetings with EDFO E.D. and Chair to plan agenda and materials. This includes the typing and review of meeting minutes.
- Facilitate the assignment, orientation & training of new mentors, including back-ground checks. Enter new information into QuickBooks and Power school programs.
- Prepare/plan for program services, parent trainings and community activities and as needed.
- Interface with EDFO staff to ensure compliance with funding/budgeting requirements (including approval of expenditures), reports for Mentor meetings (with EDFO Accountant), while following highest ethical standards.
- Develop and implement plan to thank and regularly communicate with mentors to increase involvement.
- Document proven progress and evaluation of Mentor Program to ensure the quality and effectiveness of programs as follow-up to grants and for presentation at quarterly meetings.
- Build internal and external relationships and serve as an advocate for the Mentor Program and EDFO.
- Prepare media releases, monthly Constant Contact newsletters and inserts to EDFO newsletter, and create media releases for publication of events.
- Act as public Mentor representative for speaking engagements.
- Research, prepare and submit effective grant applications to support salary and program requirements. This includes engaging the Mentor committee and community in fundraising for programs.
- Help coordinate the EDFO event fundraisers (Buspull/GFS Luncheon).
- Graduation from a four-year college with a degree in business, marketing or a related field or five plus years of experience in a related field prefered.
- Experience in cultivating relationships with SBCSC schools.
- Experience in successful grant writing with excel and word proficiency. QuickBooks or Power school desired but not required. Will train if candidate shows willingness to learn new programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility of scheduling work hours, and ability to adapt to new situation while maintaining an organized work area.
- High interest in promoting the mission of the Mentoring Program.
- Valid Indiana driver’s license with liability insurance on vehicle used in performing duties of position.
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Candidate must submit to a pre-employment physical, drug screen, BMV check, and a limited criminal history check.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance showing $100,000 insurance coverage, and dependable vehicle required.
- Proof of credential required at time of interview.
- A 90-day probationary period with a review for continuation of employment with an option to continue will take place.
- Complete references for four non-family contacts to be provided at time of interview.
Please mail position inquiries to:
Susan Warner, Executive Director OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
South Bend Education Foundation
P.O. Box 119
South Bend, IN 46624
CLOSING DATE: 08.26.2017