Major Gifts DirectorCompany: Saint Mary's College
Date Posted: August 14, 2017
Saint Mary’s College seeks a full-time, benefits eligible, Major Gifts Director responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of assigned prospects with a gift capacity of $25,000+. Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement the College’s fundraising strategy as it relates to major gifts, including qualification, assessment, and cultivation of donors. Initiate and strengthen relationships with donors creating an individual plan for each. Use College resources, including Banner database and in house research, to identify top prospects and solicit individuals capable of providing one time gifts of $25,000 and greater.
- Extensive travel necessary to develop donor relationships across the country.
- Manage a personal portfolio of approximately 150 high-level major gift prospects.
- Set and meet both annual giving and major gift objectives for each of the 150 prospects under direct management.
- Implement qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for each of the 150 prospects under direct management.
- Involve assigned prospects in the mission and priorities of the College.
- Help to promote Saint Mary’s gift planning program.
- Prepare materials for president and volunteers for high level engagement with key prospects.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree is required, with five years of fundraising experience strongly preferred. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, organizational skills, relationship building skills, and a committment to the mission of the College. It is preferred that the candidate have a basic understanding of planned giving and a track record of building long term relationships with prospective donors, preferably in higher education.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via U.S. Mail to Saint Mary’s College, Office of Human Resources, 104 Facilities Building, Notre Dame, IN 46556.
Saint Mary’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College’s mission, Saint Mary’s is committed to increasing racial and ethnic diversity at all levels—students, faculty, and staff—and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.